Hi! I'm trying to create a cascaded multiple dynamic drop down list(as i call it) wherein the first drop down list would be for selecting a region, the second for selecting a province (contents based on the selected region), and the third for selecting a city within the selected province. I've downloaded javawebparts on sourceforge.net and intended to use jwpcb_dds for this but the problem is that i need to populate the third drop down list based on the selection made in the second drop down list which was populated by the first drop down list. First i edited the dynamicDoubleSelectServlet by adding a function that would return a response that would write onto the jsp. the code snippet looks like this: private void listCities (HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws IOException { String province = (String) request.getParameter("province"); String[] cities = getCities(province); response.setContentType("text/xml"); response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache"); PrintWriter out = response.getWriter(); out.print("\n"); } Then i tried to include writing out.print(""); at the end of the function below so that it will also be ajax enabled in order to populate the third selectbox dynamically. private void listProvinces(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws IOException { String region = (String) request.getParameter("region"); String[] provinces = getProvinces(region); response.setContentType("text/xml"); response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache"); PrintWriter out = response.getWriter(); out.print(" "); } But the third drop down list does not appear after selecting an element in the second drop downlist. Need help on this. My index.jsp look like this: <%@ taglib prefix="ajax" uri="javawebparts/ajaxparts/taglib" %> Java Web Parts Cookbook: Dynamic Double Select Java Web Parts Cookbook
Dynamic Double Select

This shows how a selection in one <select> element can change the contents of another based on a request to the server. This can be done in more than one way, we show you the most common one's from APT.

Select one of the regions to see a list of provinces under it:
Here's the list of provinces:
List of Cities:
My ajax_config.xml looks like this: region=regionSelect provinces province=provinceSelect cities -- View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/nid-help-on-creating-a-cascaded-multiple-dynamic-drop-down-list-tf3572893.html#a9983146 Sent from the Struts - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com. --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@struts.apache.org For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@struts.apache.org