struts-user mailing list archives

From "Caine Lai" <caine...@gmail.com>
Subject How does one use lazy loading in Struts 2 with container managed persistence?
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 03:43:50 GMT
I'm using EJB3 stateless session beans/JPA/JTA to manage my data access.
But I can't figure out how one would use lazy loading in this scenario since
any transaction opened in the EJB layer will already be committed prior to
rendering the view.

Any tips?

I'm familiar with "Open Session in View" when using hibernate, but it's not
quite the same when I'm using container managed transactions and dependency
injection in EJB3.  Or is it?  Would I still open a hibernate session within
the view and close it after the view is rendered in this scenario?

Thanks for any pointers.