struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject Re: Struts 1.2.9 and UNICODE issue on form submittal
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 16:41:07 GMT
You know, I had my doubts about whether or not Struts was really
actually doing anything with POST request parameters other than just
reading them.  It did seem to me that it was more of an issue at the
Tomcat level since Tomcat is the one serving up the parameters.

After some digging, there's  URIEncoding attribute on the Connector
element that if not specified defaults to ISO-8859-1 when attempting to
decode URI bytes.  I suspect setting this to UTF-8, in addition to the
other changes we made (the @page directive and <meta> tag directive for
the Content-Type, and the acceptCharset attribute on html:form all to
UTF-8) will fix the problem...we'll see.

After reading some of the developer comments in the filed bugs, UTF-8
appears to be the only standard on URL encoding, however according to
them in 2003, no one really paid attention it - hopefully this is not
the case anymore.

Thanks for the reference links.

--adam