struts-user mailing list archives

From Fei Fei <micro.soft....@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Exception while using validator framework
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 07:04:01 GMT

update your commons-validator.jar file,it is an old version,

- A Fei -> Subject: Exception while using validator framework> Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007
12:22:45 +0530> From: bhanuprakash.singh@wipro.com> To: user@struts.apache.org> >
> Hi all,> > > > I have created a sample struts application> > Im trying
to make use of the validator framework> > > > The steps which i have carried out
are> > > > 1 .I have included validation.xml and validation-rules.xml in WEB-INF>
> > > 2 .then in struts-config.xml i have included> > > > the required
> <set-property > > property="pathnames" > > value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>>
> </plug-in>> > > > but when i deploy the war file i get exception>
> > > like> > > > > > > > 19:57:00,515 ERROR [ActionServlet]
Unable to initialize Struts> ActionServlet due to an unexpected exception or error thrown,
so marking> the servlet as unavailable. Most likely, this is due to an incorrect or>
missing library dependency.
 > > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:> org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources.<init>([Ljava/io/InputSt>
ream;)V> > at> org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(ValidatorPlugI>
n.java:237)> > at> org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:16>
2)> > at> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.j>
ava:869)> > at> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:336)>
> at> javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)> > at> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav>
a:1091)> > at> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:925)>
> at> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.j> ava:3857)>
> at org.apach> > > > > > and i dont know how to proceed with this....>
> please help me in resolving this issue> > > > > > Thanks and Regards>
> Bhanuprakash> > > > > The information contained in this ele
 ctronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of
the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
> > WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check
this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.> > www.wipro.com
http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx