struts-user mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: MVC2 question
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 13:44:06 GMT
On 9/3/07, Alexandre Seabra <alexandreseabra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Leon,
>
> Frist of all, I wanna say hi to the community. I just sign in the
> list, and hope we have a good time!

welcome aboard.

> I don't remember reading a book about MVC2, but informaly, with
> friends at work, this subject comes up some times. The MVC2 is not
> doesn 't depend on struts. Struts uses is implemented using its
> strategy. In youu message, topic 5, talk about the essetial part of
> MVC2. You don't need to map all servelts. You can map ALL requests to
> one same servelt and use a factory command pattern so take you request
> (same strategy that actions are created).
> The fact that there is only one controlled entrance to you program,
> tell if you have a MVC or MVC2.
> I hope I made myself clear.

Well. I've read another definition from sun:

The MVC2 architecture is actually a modified MVC implementation. The
major modification
is that the Model no longer fires events to its Views.

http://www.sun.com/software/sunone/docs/arch/chapter8.pdf

However its just another buzzword they tried to invent... (Especially
since they totally screwed the MVC1 definition).

Patterns are guidelines. There are thousands of ways to implement same
pattern for a special case. We really don't need to invent a new name
each time. Otherwise we'll have MVC150 by tomorrow.

regards
Leon