struts-user mailing list archives

From "Toni Lyytikäinen" <tol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Displaytag problems
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:58:07 GMT
Yes, there are several approaches to it, using AjaxTags, Ajax Anywhere, YUI,
Prototype etc. It might be possible to implement it in Dojo too, I don't
know enough about Dojo to say anything certain. All solutions are somewhat
hackish though, and I wouldn't really recommend using them. AjaxTags is the
easiest (it has a tag for it), but it's sort of heavyweight library that
adds a lot of extra dependecies to the web project. With YUI and Prototype
you'll have to manually code some Javascript, but it's not too hard. The
basic idea is presented here:

http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/the_future_of_the_displaytag

You don't really need Ajax Anywhere for this though, and the Prototype part
is somewhat easily converted into some other Ajax library, like YUI's
Connection Manager.

BTW. what's the status of Ajax support in Table Tags? It would be nice to
have a clean solution to implementing Ajax-based paging and sorting with a
powerful table library.