struts-user mailing list archives

From Arun <arun.george.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception Handler
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:12:58 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem running the exception handler in struts 1.3 .
I am using struts modules config/useraccount, config/blogdigest ..etc
defined in web.xml duly.
I have set an exception Handler for java.lang.Exception

<!-- FRAMEWORK CODE Needs to be there in all module. -->
  <exception key="error.generalexception"
   type="java.lang.Exception"
   handler="com.mobchannel.common.exceptionhandlers.GeneralExceptionHandler"
path="/home.jsp"/>
  <!-- FRAMEWORK CODE ENDS -->

And In the exception handler I wrote
public class GeneralExceptionHandler
{
public ActionForward execute(Exception arg0, ExceptionConfig arg1,
ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm arg3, HttpServletRequest request,
   HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException {
  SecurityContext securityConfig = (SecurityContext)
ConfiguredObjectsFactory.createConfiguredObject(
ConfiguredObjectName.securityContext);
//  try {
//   response.sendRedirect(request.getContextPath
()+securityConfig.getUserLoginPage());
//  }
//  catch (IOException e) {
//   //LOGGER.error("An Exception occurred", e);
//  }
  ActionForward forward = new ActionForward();
  forward.setRedirect(true);
  forward.setPath(securityConfig.getUserLoginPage());
  return forward;
//  return null;
 }
}

If I do this what I got was

http://localhost:8080/mobchannelWEB/adpartner/useraccount/signonflow.do?dispatch=signon

The value of securityConfig.getUserLoginPage() =
useraccount/signonflow.do?dispatch=signon
The action I hit is in adpartner module, which throws an exception. This
then calls the
GeneralExceptionHandler class.

If I use forward.setRedirect(true) I get an InvalidPathException.
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
org.apache.struts.chain.commands.InvalidPathException: No action config
found for the specified url.
There is actionconfig for the path, but is in a different modules' struts
config path.

Please help me. I just need to forward to signon page which is in
useraccount module, whenver an exception occurs. This does not seems to work
for me. What is the reason.

--
Thanks
Arun George