struts-user mailing list archives

From "William King" <sad...@gmail.com>
Subject How to get the size of uploadded file before it is transferred from client to server with html:file tag of struts 1.2?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 13:24:34 GMT
We can use the validate method of actionform class to check whether
the size of uploadded file has exceeded the max size.but,do we really
have to upload that file completely before check?
if i upload a very large file,maybe several g bytes,then it taks a
very long time to transfer that file from client to server.so this
realization seems to be not reasonable.
I think there must be some way to check the size before the complete
transfer,or there must be some way to stop transfer when the tranfered
part of file has already exceeded  the max size.
Thanks a lot for everyone's conern!