struts-user mailing list archives

From victor sosa <victorns...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem developing a tag using Struts 2 Arch for Tags
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 19:42:15 GMT

newton.dave wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean by "using the return
> value..." of the start() and end() methods.
>
> End() does the same thing; this is where (AFAICT) the
> bulk of the iteration is done. When there aren't any
> objects left to iterate over it does some cleanup and
> goes away.
>
> What in particular isn't clicking for you?

Well, It doesn't iterate (end method), what means "When there aren't any
objects left to iterate over it does some cleanup and
goes away." ???????

Thats my problem.

newton.dave wrote:

> This aside, I'm not sure why you're creating a JSON
> object like this. There are several JSON libraries
> already available for both Java and JavaScript that
> will create JSON representation via a single method
> call.

Well, the answer is I am developing a tag that uses the S2 tag library for
make this, for example:

		<jsongl:jsonarray name="array3" items="%{maquinas}" var="item">
			<jsongl:jsonproperty value="%{codigo}"/>
		</jsongl:jsonarray>

This would create a json object valueStack that hold the json array object
name "array3" this json object is create using the value stack of S2, in
this way I can create any json object using the object that are into the
valueStack context (and also can use the ognl).

the code generate is below:

<script type="text/javascript">
valueStack = {
array3 = ["m1", "m2"]
}
</script>

In this way I can access from javascript to any object in JSON way ;) that I
configure to using this tag, so
there is not limit to develop a component that use a LOT javascript and at
same time access to objects into the valueStack, with this the develop is
more simple (less code of S2 custom develop of component is needed).