struts-user mailing list archives

From zargarf <faisalzar...@gmail.com>
Subject Struts input sends < > encoded as &lt; and &gt; to form bean. Help!
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 13:16:49 GMT

Hi

Got a problem. We're using the struts portlet framework for websphere portal
and are encountering an issue whereby if a user inputs the following
characters, < > or £, then the form bean receives the values as &lt; &gt;
etc.

As this problem has only been noticed a year down the line, the information
is getting stored in the database (via Hibernate) as &lt;, &gt; etc.

I was wondering, if there's anyway to automatically convert these back to
the original < > characters before they are set to the form attributes.

Cheers

Faisal Zargar