struts-user mailing list archives

From "jignesh(india)" <jigne...@aspl.in>
Subject Re: Struts Context problem
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:19:45 GMT

Hi,
    That is ok,but i am using war deployment not ear architecture.

Actually I am not having any problem with default context assign by war
archive same as project name.

But once i am going to host my application with apache web server my web
master suggested to eliminate extra names from url like /XYZ from url.

see the orginial url for my application is
http://127.0.0.1:8080/XYZ/

The apache virtual host proxy code converts it to the
http://www.demo.com/

Now the problem arise for apache + tomcat proxy is that
Struts2 generates urls,forms starts with  /context e.g /XYZ
like /XYZ?serverId=100 and i want that only /?serverId=100 in short i want
context root URL as only "/" no XYZ or anything.
I want my apache + tomcat application URL like

http://www.demo.com/customer.action
instead of
http://www.demo.com/XYZ/customer.action

http://www.demo.com/customer.action?serviceId=100