struts-user mailing list archives

From AbelMacAdam <abel.maca...@gmail.com>
Subject Taglib not seen, no text fields?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:06:06 GMT

Hi,

I'm learning to work with Struts. (FWIW, I use Eclipse Europa, and
Apache/Tomcat). Now I have my first example with a tld-file. First of all, I
noticed the following error in Eclipse on a jsp:
Cannot find the tag library descriptor for /tags/struts-html

The first line of the jsp with the error is:
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-html" prefix="html" %>

My WEB-INF/web.xml contains the following lines:
<taglib>
  <taglib-uri>/tags/struts-html</taglib-uri>
  <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts_html.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

And the same WEB-INF directory also contains the struts_html.tld file.

So far the background. If I run this example in Tomcat I get a page without
textfields and a submit button. So this example clearly does not work. Do
you know what I need to do to get this example working? Am I right in
assuming I get not textfields/buttons because the tag library descriptor is
not found?

TIA,
Abel