struts-user mailing list archives

From AbelMacAdam <abel.maca...@gmail.com>
Subject ActionErrors.validate()
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:24:34 GMT

Hi all,

I just started reading a book about Struts, and are now learning about Error
Handling.

To validate the input of the user in the forum, you need to write your own
implementation of org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors. The class
ActionErrors has its own method validate. This method I can change to suite
my wishes. The only problem is, how is this method called. I can not find
any direct call of MyActionErrorsImplementation.validate(myMap, myRequest)
in my (jsp?) code.

Am I correct in assuming validation is done automatically by the application
server? And if so, how? Or am I thinking in the wrong direction? If so, what
do I read?

TIA,
Abel

PS. I use Struts 2.0.11