struts-user mailing list archives

From AbelMacAdam <abel.maca...@gmail.com>
Subject Requested resource not found
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:04:29 GMT

Hi,

At the moment I'm bootstrapping my Struts knowledge. I use code from a book
to see what happens (Struts Design and Programming, a Tutorial).

To develop I use Eclipse Europa, the JEE version. I also have WTP installed,
so I should be able to run the application in Tomcat from Eclipse. But that
seems not to happen.

I start with copying the code of the example I want to view to my workspace.
Next I create a 'Dynamic Web Project', naming the project after the
directory I installed the code in. Then I start Tomcat in Eclipse. Finally I
point my browser to the address of the application. But instead of the
expected web page I get the following error:

> type Status report
>
> message /app15a/createCustomer.do
>
> description The requested resource (/app15a/createCustomer.do) is not
> available.

What I have learned is that this type of error is comparable with a "404
page not found" error (meaning "the server could not find what was
requested"). So I dived in my code, and found the following entry in my
struts-config.xml file:

> <action path="/createCustomer"
>       name="customerForm"
>       scope="request"
>       validate="true"
>       input="/jsp/displayCreateCustomerForm.jsp"
>       type="app15a.action.CreateCustomerAction">
>       <forward name="success" path="/jsp/displayMessage.jsp"/>
>       <forward name="failed" path="/jsp/displayMessage.jsp"/>
> </action>

That means (IMHO) that my app could be accessed using the following URL:
http://localhost:8080/app15a/createCustomer.do. But looking at the error I
can only conclude it could not. So what I'm now wondering is whether my
configuration is as it should be. I even seem to remember that the example
worked last friday. Does anyone know what is wrong?

TIA,
Abel