struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alberto A. Flores" <aaflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: form bean directly into session
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 03:18:23 GMT
> However, how do I refer to my placed formBean from a struts tag?
One way to do it would be:

<c:set var="foo" value="${myFormInSession.fname}"/>

now "foo" is a variable within your JSP page with the value "fname" from
your form.

How does it know the difference from my formBean and the default
formBean created from ApplicationResources?
FormBeans are created on demand according to the mapping of the
requested resource. This means that if the request mapping was
"myPath.do" with scope="request", then a new Form will be instantiated,
otherwise the form will be looked in the HttpSession object. If none is
there, a new one will be instantiated and placed there as an attribute.
I guess I never heard of "applicationResources" creating forms (such
file typically contains resource bundles)

  Can I refer to it as:
This should be valid code, however keep in mind that this is only
because the "myFormBeanName" bean (Form) is in scope (session). If it
wouldn't, this would have thrown an NPE. I believe the correct
expression should be:

 From the documentation
(http://struts.apache.org/1.x/struts-taglib/tagreference.html#text):

"The attribute name of the bean whose properties are consulted when
rendering the current value of this input field. If not specified, the
bean associated with the form tag we are nested within is utilized."

The default value of the <html:text ...> tag is to load the current
value of the "fname" from the Form object mapped to the surrounding
the Form object in session.

--

Alberto A. Flores
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aflores