struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alberto A. Flores" <aaflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: substitute for JSP EL tags in struts 2.0.11
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 18:33:11 GMT
Ok, this is a bit more of a hack, but should work (haven't test it).
 From the DisplayTag documentation (note that "id" is similar to "uid"):

"The object representing the current row is also added to the
pageContext under this name, so that you can refer to it in column
bodies using ${uid}"

> <display:table name="people" requestURI="" pagesize="${row}" sort="list"
> id="jobResults" class="candSearchResults" >
     <% Object job = pageContext("jobResults")
        request.setAttribute("jobResult", job);
     %>
     <display:column>
       <s:checkbox theme="simple" name="checked"
fieldValue="%{#request.jobResult}"/>
     </display:column>

>      <display:column property="preferedName" title="Name" sort="true" />
> <display:column property="userName" title="Username (e-mail)" sort="true"
> maxLength="10"/>
> </display:table>

Have you consider whether the using the struts tag there is even needed?
Why not doing trying JSTL with HTML code?