struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alberto A. Flores" <aaflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Required validator dosen't work
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:55:13 GMT
You may want to read on
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/type-conversion.html

The last topic "Type Conversion Error Handling".

I had the same problem. It turns out that there's no "validation"
concept of a "type" (similar to Struts1"), however Struts 2 will give
you control over type conversion problems (similar approach, but with
more control).

So, you really don't have to do much (other than formatting the message
if the default doesn't suit your needs)