struts-user mailing list archives

From Pablo Vázquez Blázquez <pvazq...@denodo.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2.0.9 + Ajax tags + IE7
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:50:40 GMT
First all, thank you for your reply.

I´m giving you an example:

I have the following jspx:

****** CODE ***************************
<jsp:root xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
    xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"
    xmlns:fmt="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt"
    xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"
    xmlns:s="/struts-tags"
    version="2.0">

<s:form id="editProject" name="editProject" theme="ajax"
action="CreateProject">

    <jsp:directive.include file="ProjectDetails.jspf"/>

</s:form>

</jsp:root>

***************************************

where ProjectDetails.jspf is:

****** CODE ***************************

        <fmt:message key="EditProject.projectName"/>*:
         <s:textfield name="projectName"
                size="20" maxlength="50" required="true"/>
            <s:property value="fieldErrors['projectName'][0]" />

        <fmt:message key="EditProject.projectDescription"/>*:
        <s:textfield name="projectDescription"
                size="40" maxlength="100" required="true"/>
            <s:property value="fieldErrors['projectDescription'][0]" />

<!-- Buttons -->
        <s:submit type="button" notifyTopics="/submitProjectForm"
                targets="workspaceAjaxContent" executeScripts="true"
            <s:param name="value">
                <fmt:message key="Buttons.accept"/>
            </s:param>
        </s:submit>
        <!-- cancelar -->
        <s:url id="CancelUrl" action="CancelWorkspace"/>
        <s:submit type="button" targets="workspaceAjaxContent"
            <s:param name="value">
                <fmt:message key="Buttons.cancel"/>
            </s:param>
        </s:submit>

If I click Cancel, it works OK (CancelWorkspace is an action with no
logic, just returns a jspx page), but if I click on Accept it is
suppossed to be executed some logic, but, misteriously (at least for
me), I get a validation error (even if I write data in form fields).

Another example is a s:select where I execute an action whenever I
change the selected option (this option is the action's parameter).
Well, this action is not fired, because it does not stop at the
breakpoints I have in my code, and I don´t know why.

BTW, those things happens in Internet Explorer in general (IE6, IE7).