struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: REST and JSON
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:41:10 GMT
I have a couple of questions on this subject too, if it's OK to join in here:

I was trying to find the low-down on 2.1 on the wiki or the jira, so i could get
an impression of what and how much is implemented. I couldn't work out exactly
what's what: there are 170 open jira against 2.1.0 - 2.1.x versions - do these
mostly have to be resolved before 2.1 goes GA?

Also, regarding PUT and DELETE not being supported in HTML4, is there any
proposal to get them recognised by HTML5?

Another question: the REST URLs have no suffix and so make it impossible to
restrict the filter mappings to avoid images and other objects which don't
require processing:

http://my.company.com/myapp/orders/1

unless 'orders' is put into the filter mapping in the web.xml. Would it comply
with REST to use a generic virtual directory:

http://my.company.com/myapp/rest/orders/1

for instance?

Thanks
Adam