struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: struts 2 vs struts 1+spring
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2007 14:20:27 GMT
On Dec 22, 2007 2:21 AM, Joe Yuen <joe.yuen@chisq.com> wrote:
> Thanks that was a good analogy. I have used Spring and and I like it but then let me
turn the
> question around, what do we gain by adding Struts 2 to be used with Spring?

Spring MVC is a capable framework, and I wouldn't hesitate to use it
myself -- if that's what everyone else on my team wanted to use. The
same goes for Tapestry, Wicket, Stripes, Click, and even ASP.NET.

Struts 2 does brings a number of goodies to the table, including an
elegant, extensible architecture and a kickass tag library. But, for
my money, our greatest asset is the Struts user community. In
particular, our ability to ask questions like this on the list, and
receive gracious, useful answers.

To mangle an old saying: "It's not the nut, it's the nuts behind the wheel."

-- HTH, Ted
 * <http://www.StrutsMentor.com/>