struts-user mailing list archives

From "j alex" <strutstwou...@gmail.com>
Subject accessing url parameters in jsp.
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 05:45:03 GMT
Hi,

I need to access certain url parameters and pass them on as the query string
to an iframe within the jsp

So, if the incoming url is :

http://localhost:9080/myapp/searchForm.action?mainObj.childObj=xyz&abc=123

i need to pass to iframe as :

<iframe src="searchResults.action?mainObj.childObj=xyz&abc=123" ... />

I can access the abc param as <s:property value="%{#parameters.abc}" /> ,
but the same doesn't work for <s:property value="%{#parameters.
mainObj.childObj}" />

Ideally, i would want the entire incoming query string be passed on to the
iframe- but didn't find anything handy.

Note  : i can't use the s:action tag in this case, since the result is a
jasperreport page, and it flushes the response within the result itself ; so
had to go with iframe.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joseph