struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Durham, Jr." <david.durham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting Session time out
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:43:10 GMT
On Dec 25, 2007 1:56 AM, Raghuveer <raghuveerv@infotechsw.com> wrote:
> If session of login user expires or left unused for 15 minutes application
> should fire session expire page automatically.

This is something that is best accomplished from a client.

HTML allows you to specify meta data about a document.

   http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#h-7.4.4

And since these documents are usually retrieved via HTTP, HTML meta
tags include an attribute for setting HTTP response headers.  The
particular HTTP header that's often used to accomplish the task of
"firing a session expire page automatically" is the "refresh" header.
Here's the result of a quick google search:

   http://webdesign.about.com/od/metataglibraries/a/aa080300a.htm

> Any idea of how to handle this in my struts application?

Session expiration/timeout configuration is outside of the
responsibilities of a web framework like Struts.  Said configuration,
however, is specified by various servlets specifications.  You'll
likely end up modifying a web.xml to achieve your desired results.

-Dave