struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Struts 2 Dependencies
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:11:29 GMT
stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> I have been reviewing the Reactor Dependency
> Convergence<http://struts.apache.org/2.x/dependency-convergence.html>
> document,
> and would like to know if there is a companion document that identifies
> required vs. optional products.  It appears that anything "touched" by
> Struts 2 is considered a dependency without consideration of excluding the
> feature from a user web application.  The immediate discovery I am facing is
> AJAX tags and the requirement of Dojo.  The rumor is that effective with
> Struts 2.1 AJAX will be pushed into a plug-in providing freedom to choose
> the js library of choice.  Can someone point me to the decision documents
> concerning this topic?

It's not just a rumor, it's what has happened on the 2.1 code branch. As
usual if you're interested in tracking such decisions, the best thing to
do is to monitor the dev list, which is where the decisions get made.
Searching the archives for dojo+plugin will probably turn up what you're
looking for.

L.