struts-user mailing list archives

From quinquin2209 <quinquin2209-n...@yahoo.com.hk>
Subject Problem in using Message Store Interceptor
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 07:49:13 GMT

HI All,

I have originally define some action as follow:

<action name="list" class="mainAction" method="initDisplay">
    <result name="input">/jsp/main.jsp</result>
</action>

<action name="addMember" class="mainAction" method="addMember">
    <result name="success">/jsp/main.jsp</result>
     <result name="error">/jsp/main.jsp</result>
</action>

when the list.action is called, all members will be listed. User can press
the addMember button which will retrieve some form values and add the member
to DB. The list.action page and addMember action page are the same
"main.jsp".

When user call the addMember function, the URL in the browser change to
http://localhost:8080/app/main/addMember.action

However, we want the URL remains as
http://localhost:8080/app/main/list.action. I consider to do the redirect
and use the Message Store Interceptor such that action message can be
retrieve

<action name="list" class="mainAction" method="initDisplay">
   <interceptor-ref name="store">
      RETRIEVE
   </interceptor-ref>
    <result name="input">/jsp/main.jsp</result>
</action>

<action name="sendExportMessages" class="mainAction"
method="sendExportMessages">
    <interceptor-ref name="store">
      STORE
   </interceptor-ref>
    <result name="success">/jsp/main.jsp</result>
    <result name="error">/jsp/main.jsp</result>
</action>

However, after adding the interceptor, I find that all form value is not set
in the action using the corresponding setter method. For example, the
textbox "name" has a setName function but I find that it is never called
when the add button is pressed.

What's am I doing wrong? Any one have idea about it? Thanks in advance