struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: Spring MVC & Struts 2 Pros/Cons
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:35:30 GMT
When I read your first question, I thought you might be a troll, because that is
often the first question in a flame war. But it seems you are genuine, so here
are my pros and cons of struts vs spring mvc, based on the use of spring webflow
(using spring mvc underneath):

- struts interceptor architecture gives great pluggability for little cost
- struts taglibs are better than spring's with the caveat that there is a little
problem with jstl and expression lang at the moment unless you go for v2.0.9 and
turn off OGNL for safety
- struts has more bells and whistles than any one person can use because it
caters for so much
- spring mvc has simplicity
- on the other hand, spring mvc sucks in the whole spring non-container
container dependency tree
- struts is mostly more intuitive
- imho the learning curve on struts2 is bigger