struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alberto A. Flores" <aaflo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: struts1 and struts2 together
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:43:03 GMT
I have been migrating code from struts 1.x to 2.x and depending on how
decoupled your presentation logic is, you should expect significant
amount of work. The results have been very successful thus far (3 of 4
modules were migrated completely).

Definitely less code to maintain afterwards and sure it's more readable
(in my opinion), however the migration is not as trivial and you may
find some "gotchas" along the way depending on how you have used Struts
1.x (tags, servlet, dispatchers, etc). Expect a decent learning curve as
well due to some new features (value stack, thread-safety, OGNL notation)

The one thing I would recommend is to absolutely understand your need to
migrate. We determined it was the right move based on some of the new
features that Struts 2 provided out of the box, and we needed for our
application (We were writing more code just to make Struts 1 look like
Struts 2 basically).

Hope this help

Otto, Frank wrote:
> no problem.
>
> I haven't migrate our project, because I have realized a new topic with struts2 in our
project. It's a configurator with ajax (YUI). the rest is still struts1.

--

Alberto A. Flores
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aflores