struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: preparable vs modelDriven
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:03:18 GMT
I don't think you are strictly conveying the intended usage, when you say that
the getModel() method will 'later' return the model. It depends how your
interceptor stack is ordered. In the docs, it explicitly says the
ModelDrivenInterceptor should come before ParametersInterceptor, as often the
PrepareInterceptor does.

Both ModelDriven- and PrepareInterceptor can retrieve the model and place it in
instance variables on the action.

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/prepare-interceptor.html

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/model-driven-interceptor.html

What I originally wanted to ask (whether I conveyed my question correctly is
another matter) was: what's the difference in intention and implementation
between these two?

Thanks
Adam