struts-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Göttschkes <sebastian.goettsch...@equitystory.de>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Message resources configuration
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:44:22 GMT
Hi,

Laurie Harper wrote:

>> > The strange thing is I didn't change anything except for the two empty files
I created. So I can say that the problem isn't hard-coded text in the application or messages
missing in one or the other resource. Maybe I got something wrong with the configuration?
Is there another file where I have to configurate something related to the message resources
except for the struts-config.xml I mentioned above?

>> Nope, that one configuration point is all there is. Check the properties
>> files are actually being deployed to the correct place, that there
>> aren't stale copies elsewhere on the classpath or in any JAR files
>> you've packaged, etc.

I checked everything you mentioned and there is no improvement.

>> Failing that, you might try increasing Struts' logging level to DEBUG
>> and see if there are any hints as to what's going wrong in the logs.

After playing around a bit with my firefox and chaging the locale settings via locale switcher
to en-US it's working. I don't know why, but now it's also working in my english browser.
I'm a bit confused why it's working now and why it didn't worked before. Maybe it's because
I deployed the whole app again after removing the whole context and building it again.
I'm going to test the app and if it's working now, I'm fine with that. If it's not working
properly, I'll get back to you.

Thanks for your help,
Sebastian