struts-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Göttschkes <sebastian.goettsch...@equitystory.de>
Subject AW: Re: Re: Re: Message resources configuration
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:50:49 GMT
Hi again,

I wrote:
>> Hi,

files I created. So I can say that the problem isn't hard-coded text in the application or
messages missing in one or the other resource. Maybe I got something wrong with the configuration?
Is there another file where I have to configurate something related to the message resources
except for the struts-config.xml I mentioned above?

>> I checked everything you mentioned and there is no improvement.

>> After playing around a bit with my firefox and chaging the locale settings via locale
switcher to en-US it's working. I don't know why, but now it's also working in my english
browser.
>> I'm a bit confused why it's working now and why it didn't worked before. Maybe it's
because I deployed the whole app again after removing the whole context and building it again.
>> I'm going to test the app and if it's working now, I'm fine with that. If it's not
working properly, I'll get back to you.

Ok, after testing the app I now know more about the behavoirs of the app.

When the first browser launching the app after restarting the server is german, only german
works fine. When afterwards connecting with an english browser, the errors I expected at first
are all there.
But when I connect with the english browser first after restarting the server, everything
is just fine. I can change the browsers and both english and german are working. So what is
happening?

I'll have a deeper look at the debug log files from log4j tomorrow. Maybe anyone knows something
about this problem and can help me. I don't really know what is happening here and what I'm
trying to find in the logs ;-)

Thanks and Regards,
Sebastian