struts-user mailing list archives

From "Alceu Medeiros" <alceu.medei...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems registering pojo
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:10:26 GMT
Hi,

I'm beginner and I'm trying to make a basic CRUD app following this
tutorial:
http://cwiki.apache.org/S2WIKI/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html

In this example, I'm trying to do something similar to the Person's save()
function, but when I submit a form my pojo in Action class isn't populated,
it's coming with null value. To populate 'person.firstName', for example,
Struts 2 should call getPerson() and then the setFirstName() function, but
getPerson() is coming with null value. I'm getting this message:

- - -
type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: attempt to create create event with null
entity
    org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java
:515)
    org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(
FilterDispatcher.java:419)

(...)

- - -

A friend mine said something about setting the "paramsprepareparams" to my
action's configuration, but it's already extending "struts-default" package.
Shouldn't Struts 2 populate my pojo setting a "new Person()"? Is there
anybody who can help me with something?

[]'s

--
"Realize buscando o melhor, mas planeje esperando o pior."