struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting namespace of action through OGNL
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 20:20:21 GMT
The Action (or an Interceptor) could set it as a property that a tag
could then access.

We can set properties directly to the stack from an Interceptor. (This
is how the validators expose bad input to a typed field.)

As a general rule, pages should be as dumb as possible, and only know
what the value stack tells it.

Note that the value stack properties are exposed as request
properties, so any property set should be available to the tags and
JSTL without any weird OGNL syntax.

HTH, Ted
 * <http://www.StrutsMentor.com/>