struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts 2 Validation Error
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:06:40 GMT
If you haven't solved this, here are the things I would try.

 * Check that the that the Validation files seem like valid XML. A
quick way to do that is to open them in IE.

 * Deploy the MailReader example to the same environment, to be sure
its validation works.

* Deploy your application to another container, like Jetty, to see if
the same type of error occurs there, and/or deploy the application to
Tomcat on another machine.

* If the MailReader example is working, I'd add my components to that
example, to see if I can get them working along side something know to
work.

If it still doesn't work, I'd create a WAR that contains just this
files, and post back here with a link to the WAR so other people could
try it.

HTH, Ted
<http://www.StrutsMentor.com/>

On Jan 15, 2008 11:43 AM,  <Liz.Johnston@sqa.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to this mailing list and still a bit confused on how to look
> things up, so apologies if this one is already up there!
>
> I'm using Tomcat to serve up JSPs using Struts 2 with java action classes
> and xml validation files.  For example:
> signup.jsp
> SignUp.java
> SignUp-validation.xml
>
> All runs fine in Tomcat until you click a button that triggers validation
> then the following error is displayed:
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFileParser.addValidatorConfigs(ValidatorFileParser.java:192)
>
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFileParser.parseActionValidatorConfigs(ValidatorFileParser.java:72)
>
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.loadFile(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:361)
> Caused by: Connection timed out: connect - [unknown location]
>
> Any pointers would be gratefully received!
> Liz
>
> Liz Johnston
> Software Engineer
> IT Development
> 0845 213 5152
> liz.johnston@sqa.org.uk

> This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed
to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.
> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail. The recipient should check this
email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. SQA accepts no liability for any damage