struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [S2+AJAX]Which ajax libray did you use?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:10:55 GMT
Under the heading, does Ajax need a web framework, there's an
interesting "nope" blog here:

 * http://unclescript.blogspot.com/2008/01/alternatives-to-server-side-web.html

Though, it's interesting to note that the author equates web
frameworks with server-side page rendering. That's one thing that
frameworks like Struts do, but we also provide server-side supports
for security, validation, text formatting, and alternate result
processing.

I'm a huge Ajax fan. In fact, outside of example applications and
training courses, I haven't touched a server page in over a year. But
Ajax is not an island, and I'm thinking that there are many services
that a web framework can provide that have nothing to do with tag
libraries.

Moving forward, I'd like to see Struts extend its Ajax use cases
beyond taglib plugins, and focus on what else we can do to make
application developer easier for us on the server-side.

HTH, Ted
http://www.StrutsMentor.com/