struts-user mailing list archives

From "Sanjeev Vijapurapu" <SVijapur...@WSGC.com>
Subject Struts2 JSF Plugin
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:49:59 GMT
I was trying to create a prototype of struts2 + jsf. In the process I
found that the mappings have to be used with "action" as default.

Like

<h:inputText id="userName" value="#{action.userName}" />

or

<h:commandButton action="#{action.doSomething}"/>

instead of using action names from struts configuration directly. For
example if I have configured an action as login in struts config, I
should able to use it in jsf component like

<h:commandButton action="#{login.doSomething}"/>

But interestingly thats not the case. I thought that in Struts2
framework all the actions with interceptor stack as jsf would act
similar to managed beans in a JSF framework. I mean use them by the
names configured in faces-config.xml.

But if I want to do that in struts2, I need faces-config.xml and normal
struts2 actions which is disappointing. I mean what about the scenario
where I have to send a jsf request to different action than the one
which last rendered it?  So my main question is how can I use action
names in the jsf component?

Am I missing something here or is that the way it was designed?

Thanks