struts-user mailing list archives

From crappycrumpet <pandamo...@hotmail.com>
Subject setting actionerror and result input annoyance
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:34:30 GMT

Hi,

Me posting my second newbie question.
I have an action that retrieves a record (let's call it GetBlahAction) and
render info onto the screen you see. I also have an action which renders a
menu on the left hand side of the screen depending on user permission(let's
call this one MenuAction).

Now in GetBlahAction I check whether the record retrieved was a valid record
and if its not it sets the actionerror. This in turn trigger the page to be
rendered with "input" result. This effects my MenuAction since it needs to
run no matter what result it is but doesn't. I've added <result
name="input"> into MenuAction in struts.xml and added "public String
input()" in it to "return execute();" but still it doesn't my menu properly.

Is it possible to make certain action to always run like normal no matter
what is result of an action is?

thanks,
CrappyCrumpet