struts-user mailing list archives

From mojoRising <jpi...@averoinc.com>
Subject Re: expression validator
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:55:51 GMT

Thanks. But I still don't understand...According to the link you mentioned it
is not possible to do what I was trying to. So, what is the point of this
validator if it doesn't do client side validation? And, are you saying that
it is not possible to do a simple 'equals' test in client side validation?

 <validator type="expression">password.equals(password2)
    <message>Passwords do not match</message>
   </validator>

That validator doesn't do client side validation.

Only the following validators are supported:

    * required validator
    * requiredstring validator
    * stringlength validator
    * regex validator