struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject [OT] Re: Dead code parser/finder for Struts
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:07:17 GMT
--- Adam Gordon <adam.gordon@readytalk.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's a server side library that can parse JSP
> pages (or the generated Java file) and look for dead Struts code?

Any of the typical code walkers should be able to deal with the generated
JSP, but it probably wouldn't be capable of identifying situations where
something was put into scope and referenced by name later.

I don't know of any JSP-source walkers with this capability. That said, it
shouldn't be *that* hard (depending on how well-formed the JSP/HTML is,
perhaps?) to write an ad-hoc tool that tracks whatever types of tag usages
you're concerned about and later references (or lack thereof) to the same.

HTHBIPD,
Dave