struts-user mailing list archives

From Selckin <li...@selckin.be>
Subject Scope interceptor / Practical Apache Struts 2
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:36:20 GMT
Hello,

In Chapter 6 of "Practical Apache Struts 2 Web 2.0 Projects", It explains how to use the scope
interceptor to create sort of wizard pages.
I've been trying to figure these out, but cannot get this to work.
Even the included example (downloadable from http://www.apress.com/book/view/1590599039 )
do not work for me.

I was hoping someone could try them and tell me if they are indeed broken or if i am doing
something wrong. And what that might be?

Running the examples with no changes and when going to the second step in the workflow I get
the following error:

HTTP ERROR: 500
Error setting expression 'model' with value 'com.fdar.apress.s2.domain.Event@2a163765'

RequestURI=/app/event/selectLocation!input.action
Caused by:
Error setting expression 'model' with value 'com.fdar.apress.s2.domain.Event@2a163765' - [unknown
location]
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack.setValue(OgnlValueStack.java:171)
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack.setValue(OgnlValueStack.java:146)
	at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ScopeInterceptor.before(ScopeInterceptor.java:321)
	at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ScopeInterceptor.intercept(ScopeInterceptor.java:424)
	< cut >
Caused by: No object in the CompoundRoot has a publicly accessible property named 'model'
(no setter could be found). - [unknown location]
	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.CompoundRootAccessor.setProperty(CompoundRootAccessor.java:68)
	at ognl.OgnlRuntime.setProperty(OgnlRuntime.java:1656)
	at ognl.ASTProperty.setValueBody(ASTProperty.java:101)
	at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateSetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:177)
< cut >
Can provide full stack trace if needed

The following is also outputted from the example.

SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting 'duration'
on 'class com.fdar.apress.s2.actions.event.EnterEventDetailsAction: Error setting expression
'duration' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@602f892f'
14-feb-2008 20:10:30 com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters
SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting 'name'
on 'class com.fdar.apress.s2.actions.event.EnterEventDetailsAction: Error setting expression
'name' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@50d79dfe'
14-feb-2008 20:10:30 com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters
SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting 'timeZoneOffset'
on 'class com.fdar.apress.s2.actions.event.EnterEventDetailsAction: Error setting expression
'timeZoneOffset' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@52a53948'
14-feb-2008 20:10:30 com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters

Thanks.