struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frans Thamura" <fr...@meruvian.org>
Subject Struts2 vs JSF
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:00:24 GMT
hi there

i am a webwork user, and now because WW become S2, so i am part of this
community, and honestly i am blank of S1 :)

and i got Matt's comparison here, and i think that will be awesome if we can
share it here.

I found that like it or not, JSF have a lot of promotion esp from Sun and
Oracle and RedHat/JBoss

they bet very big in JSF, and we know S2 is a different tech with S1, and we
see that most of the IDE not support S2, which we can find in S1 world, all
IDE = S1 IDE.

Several of fellow of Java here, try to move to JSF, and object S2, esp
because IDE integration.

anyone have idea of this JSF vs Struts2 discussion?

i have around 5-6 project and power of S2, under our opensource umbrella and
in several client, and we glad S2 is easy to learn, but i dont have a lot of
believe to compete with, i feel a small community in Java Web world.

can help guys? give me the believe.

Frans