struts-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Pratt" <thechrispr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to come back to previous action?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:16:21 GMT
On Feb 18, 2008 7:41 AM, Eduardo Yáñez Parareda <eduardo.yanez@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The solution I'm going for is to implement a Filter or Interceptor which
> manages a stack of requests. I'll push the action and the request
> attributes
> in the stack, so when I have to go back, I can pop from the stack the
> action
> and attributes needed to make the same search as before.
> When user click another menu option, the filter must empty the stack and
> push the new action in it.

You might want to include a Marker interface so that you don't collect all
the data from every request.  If you have a BackAware interface (or
BackTarget, or something else meaningful).  Then your interceptor can check
whether the Action implements BackAware and only then save the state.  That
should prevent you from saving a bunch of unnecessary data.
  (*Chris*)