struts-user mailing list archives

From Nuwan Chandrasoma <mymail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to create a new Struts2 project with maven2?
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 13:48:46 GMT
Hi,

The command i have given to you work for me, i dont know what is wrong
here.. any maven guru can help you on this.

Thanks,

Nuwan
(http://code.google.com/p/struts2-ssl-plugin/)

-DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.11 -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/m2-staging-repository
> [...]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] Error creating from archetype
>
> Embedded error: Archetype does not exist.
> Unable to download the artifact from any repository
> [INFO] Trace
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error creating from archetype
>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:564)
>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:463)
>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:224)
>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)
>         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
>         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:282)
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error creating from archetype
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.archetype.MavenArchetypeMojo.execute(MavenArchetypeMojo.java:229)
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:447)
>         at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
>         ... 16 more
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.archetype.ArchetypeNotFoundException: Archetype does not
exist.
>         at org.apache.maven.archetype.DefaultArchetype.createArchetype(DefaultArchetype.java:130)
>         at org.apache.maven.plugin.archetype.MavenArchetypeMojo.execute(MavenArchetypeMojo.java:224)
>         ... 18 more
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.shared.downloader.DownloadNotFoundException: Requested download
does not exist.
>         at org.apache.maven.shared.downloader.DefaultDownloader.download(DefaultDownloader.java:62)
>         at org.apache.maven.archetype.DefaultArchetype.createArchetype(DefaultArchetype.java:121)
>         ... 19 more
> Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException: Unable to download
the artifact from any repository

> Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
> Then, install it using the command:
>     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.struts -DartifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
-Dversion=2.0.11 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

> Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.struts -DartifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
-Dversion=2.0.11 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]