struts-user mailing list archives

From Manos Batsis <manos_li...@geekologue.com>
Subject Re: DAO pattern
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 19:54:05 GMT
Zhang, Larry (L.) wrote:
> I have a user object whose data is from three resources: Db2, LDAP, and
> other flat file. Per dao pattern, do you think I should have three daos
> or one dao to encapsulate the data access implications?

Depends on what is easier for you. This will not effect your code if you
your DAOs implement a common interface and your code uses a DAO Factory
to obtain the right DAO instance implementing that interface.

Personally, I have the habit of making one DAO per business entity, so I
would join the three you mention into one. This or the opposite is
mostly useful as a convention shared between members etc.

Cheers,

Manos