struts-user mailing list archives

From Ian Roughley <...@fdar.com>
Subject Re: Scope interceptor / Practical Apache Struts 2
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:21:39 GMT
I just re-ran my local version of the code without problems, and
verified that the base class does have a getModel() and setModel()
methods.  If you contact me off-list I can supply another copy of the
code, that might be a resolution.  Did you have any problems running the
code from chapter 5?

/Ian

--
Ian Roughley
>From Down & Around, Inc.
Consulting * Training / Mentoring * Agile Process * Open Source
web: http://www.fdar.com - email: ian@fdar.com

Selckin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In Chapter 6 of "Practical Apache Struts 2 Web 2.0 Projects", It explains how to use
the scope interceptor to create sort of wizard pages.
> I've been trying to figure these out, but cannot get this to work.
> Even the included example (downloadable from http://www.apress.com/book/view/1590599039
) do not work for me.

> I was hoping someone could try them and tell me if they are indeed broken or if i am
doing something wrong. And what that might be?

> Running the examples with no changes and when going to the second step in the workflow
I get the following error:

> HTTP ERROR: 500
> Error setting expression 'model' with value 'com.fdar.apress.s2.domain.Event@2a163765'
>
> RequestURI=/app/event/selectLocation!input.action
> Caused by:
> Error setting expression 'model' with value 'com.fdar.apress.s2.domain.Event@2a163765'
- [unknown location]
> 	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack.setValue(OgnlValueStack.java:171)
> 	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack.setValue(OgnlValueStack.java:146)
> 	at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ScopeInterceptor.before(ScopeInterceptor.java:321)
> 	at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ScopeInterceptor.intercept(ScopeInterceptor.java:424)
> 	< cut >
> Caused by: No object in the CompoundRoot has a publicly accessible property named 'model'
(no setter could be found). - [unknown location]
> 	at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.CompoundRootAccessor.setProperty(CompoundRootAccessor.java:68)
> 	at ognl.OgnlRuntime.setProperty(OgnlRuntime.java:1656)
> 	at ognl.ASTProperty.setValueBody(ASTProperty.java:101)
> 	at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateSetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:177)
> < cut >
> Can provide full stack trace if needed
>
> The following is also outputted from the example.
>
> SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting
'duration' on 'class com.fdar.apress.s2.actions.event.EnterEventDetailsAction: Error setting
expression 'duration' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@602f892f'
> 14-feb-2008 20:10:30 com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters
> SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting
'name' on 'class com.fdar.apress.s2.actions.event.EnterEventDetailsAction: Error setting expression
'name' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@50d79dfe'
> 14-feb-2008 20:10:30 com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters
> SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting
'timeZoneOffset' on 'class com.fdar.apress.s2.actions.event.EnterEventDetailsAction: Error
setting expression 'timeZoneOffset' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@52a53948'