struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: [struts] Dynamic Results
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:30:21 GMT
stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> I think if dynamic parameters are supported in the mappings, they should be
> supported whether the sample of documentation utilizes them or not.  Do you
> agree that bundled plug-ins should pass a baseline compatibility test?

It sounds like a reasonable set of patches could be made to xwork
instead.  If parse were made a result attribute (rather than a
parameter), then the framework could be modified to conditionally do the
parsing before setting values on the result (rather than the result
itself doing that evaluation).

Of course, the broader goals of the project seem to be to get away from
struts.xml configuration in favor of convention, so changes to it may
not be well received...

-Dale