struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: [struts] struts result going to a current page
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 20:02:35 GMT
Srinivas Surapaneni wrote:
> I want the current page in the global exception handler. Instead of giving a
> specific jsp page, I want to return to what ever the current page is

That desire is not well specified.  Do you mean you want to return to
whatever page referred the current request?  Do you really want to
re-load that page (which may or may not be from within your webapp), or
is simply not changing the content currently being displayed sufficient?

The http return code 204 (or "no content") will leave the browser where
it was.

Otherwise it sounds like you want to redirect to the "referer" (yes,
it's misspelled in the specification).  Note if that page was the result
of a POST you pretty much can't redirect to it.

-Dale