struts-user mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: [struts] struts result going to a current page
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:40:47 GMT
Dave Newton wrote:
> --- Dale Newfield <Dale@Newfield.org> wrote:
>> P.S.:  If that request.getHeader bit doesn't work, it's because I think
>> the OGNL #request object might be the request namespace rather than the
>> actual HttpServletRequest object.
>
> That's correct; #request is the request context, not the request itself.
>
> I posted the OGNL for getting the actual request a few days ago; it's a
> little twisted. From that post (which was asking how to get the current
> request URL):
>
> <s:property
> value="#context.get(@org.apache.struts2.StrutsStatics@HTTP_REQUEST).getRequestURL()"/>

Thanks.  Since this poster isn't asking for the request URL, but the
page from which that request was submitted, which is the Referrer, I
think that means they want:

<result name="redirectToReferrer" type="redirect">
   <param
name="location">${#context.get(@org.apache.struts2.StrutsStatics@HTTP_REQUEST).getHeader("Referer")}</param>
</result>

-Dale