struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject Dead code parser/finder for Struts
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:55:51 GMT
Does anyone know if there's a server side library that can parse JSP
pages (or the generated Java file) and look for dead Struts code?

We subbed out a project and recently took back control of the code due
to various issues one of which was very poor code quality.  Looking
through their JSP pages, we see bean:define tags everywhere for certain
properties on the ActionForm bean in question.  It is my understanding
that this tag is used to define objects that can then be used lower in
the JSP page via EL.  There may be other features with this tag, but I
believe this is the only use in their code.

The problem is that we believe that they are abusing these tags and half
of the ones that litter the code aren't even actually used and wanted
some way to verify this without removing them and then running the
webapp to see what breaks.

Thanks,

--adam