struts-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Sayre" <richardsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Populate Form from DAO
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:01:32 GMT
Yes,

I know I can do it this way.  I'm just being lazy.

I want:

<s:textfield name="member1"/>

To automatically get/set  MyObject.getMeember1() rather then it
automatically setting it in the Action and then having me create the
Object and populate it with values.

On Feb 1, 2008 9:10 AM, LEONARD Julien (Consulting for ACCOR Hotels)
<julien.leonard@consulting-for.accor.com> wrote:
> Did you try :
>
> MyObject theObject;
> (geter and setter on theObject)
>
> execute () {
>
>     theObject = myDAO.getRecord(id);
> }

form field 'member1' and it the interceptor will set and get from my Action.  I dont like
having to set up each member variable in the action with the members my class.  Is it possible
to somehow have Struts automatically populate an Java Object rather then the Action?  I thought
I remember reading about this before but I'm not sure.  It's not a big deal, and I know I
can use OGNL to access the value, but I wanted the convience of mapping a fieldName to my
custom object.  Is this possible?

> Thank you,
>
> Rich

> This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this
message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication,
use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
> Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues
dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement
à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par
erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication,
totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées
de ce message, sont interdites.