struts-user mailing list archives

From "Stanley, Eric" <Eric.R.Stan...@qwest.com>
Subject RE: <s:select /> and AJAX
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:15:43 GMT
Dave,
	I need 3 selects chained together. As I understand it, the
<s:doubleselect /> will not fit my needs. What I am requesting is an
example of using AJAX techniques in a struts2 based app to populate a
<s:select />. Are people using dojo or homegrown js, and how do they
wire it to an action? I've not used AJAX before, so that's why I would
like to see an example first so I don't waste your time with the
nitty-gritty before my feet are even wet. Any examples would be greatly
appreciated.

-Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Newton [mailto:newton.dave@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 5:50 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: <s:select /> and AJAX

--- "Stanley, Eric" <Eric.R.Stanley@qwest.com> wrote:
> Been, there done that. Anything out there with a real example?

What exactly are you asking for? Do you not want to use the built-in
<s:doubleselect.../> (if you need more than two select boxes it's
probably not worth it)? There are a million examples of doing linked
select boxes via Ajax on the web; what specific issue are you having
with the S2 aspect of things?

Dave