struts-user mailing list archives

From "LEONARD Julien (Consulting for ACCOR Hotels)" <julien.leon...@consulting-for.accor.com>
Subject RE: Populate Form from DAO
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 12:40:53 GMT
Did you try :

MyObject theObject;
(geter and setter on theObject)

execute () {

    theObject = myDAO.getRecord(id);
}

And in the JSP : <s:property value="theObject.member1"/>

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Richard Sayre [mailto:richardsayre@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 1 février 2008 13:37
À : Struts Users Mailing List
Objet : Populate Form from DAO

Struts 2 allows us to automatically populate our forms if we name our fields correctly, which
is wonderful.

My actions usually go something like this

execute () {

    MyObject o = myDAO.getRecord(id);

   member1 = o.getMember1();
   member2 = o.getMember2();

}

MyObject is a JO for hold a row in the database.  I like the fact that I can name my form
field 'member1' and it the interceptor will set and get from my Action.  I dont like having
to set up each member variable in the action with the members my class.  Is it possible to
somehow have Struts automatically populate an Java Object rather then the Action?  I thought
I remember reading about this before but I'm not sure.  It's not a big deal, and I know I
can use OGNL to access the value, but I wanted the convience of mapping a fieldName to my
custom object.  Is this possible?

Thank you,

Rich

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in
error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination
or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message électronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues
dans ce message ( ci après "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destinés exclusivement
à l'usage de la  personne à laquelle ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu ce message par
erreur, merci  de le renvoyer à son émetteur et de le détruire. Toutes diffusion, publication,
totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressément autorisées
de ce message, sont interdites.